Thursday, September 22, 2011

Settling Into Chicago


Settling into our new home together, and our life together as husband and wife, has been so great! I love our little apartment and it has been so much fun making it our home.

My first jump back into knitting after the wedding and the move, was actually crochet! I have very basic crochet skills, so I was especially pleased to have ended up with something so sweet!
Matching pillows are in my queue, but I don’t think I’ll be getting to them until after the holidays.

Ryan and I went on another very fun date! We went to Logan Square for their “Square Affair” concert, featuring five local bands.  They were The Shams Band, Chaperone, Go Long Mule, Musikanto, and Jonny Rumble. You should definitely check these guys out (Mom and Dad, you can do that by clicking on the names). I'm especially loving "Every Which Way" by Musikanto. I think I could listen to them forever.

Here we have Go Long Mule, featuring Mr. Musikanto himself (the one with the cast on his foot), along with his main man on keyboard
And The Shams Band - Incredible closers
What amazing musicians! It was so much fun to see these great Chicago bands with my Honey! 

No comments:

Post a Comment