Monday, November 14, 2011

Target Volunteers

I spent Veteran's day morning with over one hundred other Target team members and community volunteers while we helped Brenneman Elementary School get some much needed work done. 

We started our morning with huddle warm-ups – the exercises we do together at the beginning of every morning and evening shift. I see some lovely form for those arm circles!
We were then divided into groups for different tasks. Some went outside to clean up the yard and playground. Some went to the kitchen to do a deep cleaning. I was assigned to the group that got to repaint a teacher’s classroom! I was so thrilled to be in the painting group. I love painting and haven’t been able to do it much the past few summers.

The classroom was already bright yellow, and the teacher wanted red accents on the beams, the built-in bookshelf, and the inside of her closet doors.
I am so thankful for the opportunity to do this! I wouldn’t have rather spent my morning any other way. I got to paint, spend time away from work with my awesome co-workers, and we were fed a great lunch! They were so thankful for the help, and we were so happy to do it.


I think I need to spend more time in elementary schools. They are just way too precious. 




1 comment:

  1. Love those kids' dreams! Makes my heart melt! I wish we could all have dreams and vision like those kids!

    ReplyDelete