Sunday, November 23, 2014

Between Adventures

Much time has passed since the last blog post, but another service adventure has inspired me to write again. My hands are always eager to do God's work, whether building, cooking, gardening or knitting. Before I dive into our next adventure, here's a little show and tell what my eager hands have been up to.

One of my best friends was married last fall and asked me to make, or rather remake, her wedding dress and bridesmaids' dresses!  Her mother was married in a beautiful, though dated wedding dress.
What an honor to be trusted with such a remodel! It took such a long time to decide what to do with that neckline, and how to do it.
 What a beautiful bride!
I'm especially happy with my dress! Original design!
Then on to Christmas knitting!
The highlight of the winter was the opening of my Etsy shop, Eager Hands Workshop! It hasn't been filled with goodies, but getting started was the hardest part. Hooray, I'm a business owner!
Having my own shop inspired me to work on some more simple but original designs.
Baby gifts!
And a sweater for Hubs and one for me!
So now, off to Nicaragua! We are building a home through Habitat for Humanity with several friends from our church in Chicago!

No comments:

Post a Comment