Sunday, November 23, 2014

Habitat for Humanity: Nicaragua

Check out our team's blog for our latest husband-wife adventure! I love my husband's perspective on why we do these things:
I started attending Crossroads Christian Church in August three years ago, after my new bride and I moved to the city from Wisconsin.  I met a very large group of inspiring and gentle brothers and sisters in Christ whom I hope to stay in relationship to for a long time to come.  These people and Pastor Mike, as well as the book "Radical", given to me by a WELS friend from Milwaukee, brought out a godly desire in me to serve our Christian brothers around the world.  At first I was not sure how people can help others so far away, and indeed there are also those in need so close by.  But I believe God would instruct us that fellowship and giving is not constrained by material or logistic concerns, and that service knows no barriers within the heart.  Hopefully, what I can contribute to the kingdom here on earth, will be to leave a small impression of the glory from above.  Our group is coalescing to help a family build shelter.  Housing is a need much like basic sustenance: without it we are tempted to despair and we suffer physical pain.  Our group is blessed to be a part of answering the prayers of this family in a time of need.  Although reports refer to Nicaragua as one of the poorest countries in the world, it looks certainly beautiful from the photos, videos and personal accounts available.  I intend to make the most of our time in the country and hopefully make friends we can bring with us to heaven. 

Off we go! Hola Nicaragua!

No comments:

Post a Comment