Sunday, October 21, 2012

Gushings of a Most Blessed Wife


I’m sure there are lots and lots of amazing husbands throughout the world, but I really don’t think any of them can compare to mine. How can I be so blessed?! I recently read in my daily devotional that a married couple who grow together and nurture one another in their faith “will have delight, love, and joy without ceasing.” Praise God for the truth in those words!! The Lord commands husbands, “Love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.” What a demand! Could any greater demand be made of a man? In humility, Ryan knows that he falls far short of this demand, but strives to perfect it nonetheless, with God's help. Marriage to this man of mine has been the greatest blessing I have known, second only the great blessing of knowing Christ as my Savior.

His birthday just recently passed and it gave me the opportunity to think about just how incredible he is and how important he is to me. Hence, my gushing! I have so much respect for him and for his authority in our home, because everything he does comes from a heart devoted to God and to me.
We have so many friends and family members who have been praying for us for years now, and God hears those prayers! Please continue praying for us, and for all marriages around the world. The world needs to see God’s love, and marriage is one of His institutions in which His love grows and thrives!

Ryan ran the Chicago Marathon a few days ago and did so well! His parents came down for the event and were able to spend the whole weekend with us! We had such a great time chasing him around Chicago and cheering him on. 
Waiting for the race to start in the early morning light
The start of the race on the Michigan Ave. bridge
Proud Mom, patiently waiting for her son at the 26th mile
Climbing the last hill! 0.2 miles to go!
He finished the race in three hours and twenty minutes! That’s almost qualifying for Boston! The top 6% is not bad for his first marathon race.

His ability to balance his priorities has always been amazing to me. I have learned a lot from him! I guess he needs something as physically strenuous as a marathon to balance the mental strain of law school!

The Lord continues to bless our lives here in Chicago. Praise God! 

No comments:

Post a Comment