Thursday, October 25, 2012

A Lovely Beret For My Lovely Sister


At the first sign of fall, I eagerly take to my needles and prepare for the many October birthdays, followed by Christmas gift-giving! Finally, by mid-October, I have something to show for it! Mid October brings several birthdays and this year, my sister was the lucky one to receive a hand-knit birthday gift.
With her wavy blonde hair and airy bangs, she looks so lovely in berets. I’ve wanted to make her this one for two or three years now! I think it’s about time! I can't wait to see her in it!
I absolutely love the yarn I used for this. It is pure baby alpaca in natural grey and tan, by Lang Yarns. It is as soft as can be and has the slightest halo.
I’m working on a sweater for Hubs too, but I have a little fixing to do – as in, I have to unravel both sleeves and start all over again! It’s a good thing I enjoy the process so much. Here is a link to the original pattern. I sure hope I can have it done for him by Christmas!

I’m still working on my big squishy blanket from this post too. I wasn’t so happy with how one of the color blocks turned out and I didn’t decide to take it out and redo it until I was a few blocks past. Deconstructing and then reconstructing projects is always a great learning opportunity, even though it slows me down. It’s plenty big now to snuggle up with as I knit!

I also finished a pair of socks for myself, which I forgot to photograph! It’s the same style as hubby’s socks from this May post, but in my favorite yarn of all time – Paul and Carol Wagner’s Willow Series yarn. I used this yarn for most of my senior thesis and I just can’t get enough of it!

Now back to knitting! I sure have my work cut out for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment