Saturday, May 12, 2012

Baptism and Ramps


Last weekend I was blessed with the opportunity to visit my family again and celebrate my niece’s Baptism! It was a beautiful celebration. My brother and his wife hosted their first big family gathering at their new house! It is a stunning home and even with 30+ people there, it was as comfortable as could be. How could a home with handmade touches everywhere, surrounded by lush woods and rolling hills be anything but comfortable?! I am so happy for them. God has certainly been pouring out blessings upon them.

As always, I seized the opportunity to spend some time in the woods that I grew up in. After several inches of rain had fallen, the woods were saturated with color and water. The creek nearly looked like rapids! Dad and I walked together, looking for ramps and morel mushrooms. I think these are called ramps anyway.
I don't know much about these at all except that they grow in Dad's woods, they taste like something between an scallion and a chive, and they are so delicious! We found patches of these all over the woods, but no luck with the morel mushrooms.
A patch of ramps
Walking through the woods whenever I visit is such a well-anticipated blessing! The beauty, serenity and live music are great, and God's glory is proclaimed and demonstrated everywhere I look! There is truly no way to not know that God is the great Creator. Romans 1:20 states, "For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities - his eternal power and divine nature - have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.
 
Holly (the frisky German Shepard in the photos above) stirred up a mama turkey from her nest!
Umbrellas in the backyard
Remnants of last year's apple harvest
Soon to be wild strawberries!

I hope you find some time to marvel in God's glory and learn about Him through his creation this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment