Thursday, May 10, 2012

Tennis in Lakeshore Park


As I mentioned a little while ago, Hubby has been taking advantage of the beautiful weather and playing tennis a few times a week. I met him after class for dinner downtown a few days ago, and I stayed a while longer to watch him play and meet his friend, Christian. I love watching him play. He is so talented and I can't help but admire how well he can balance school with everything else he loves.
 The court was in a small park downtown, next to the water. It was such a beautiful scene to be snuggled in between modern skyscrapers and some of the original architecture of Chicago, and yet surrounded by greenery, a running track, a baseball diamond and soccer field. The bustling park was nestled in between the Northwestern University Medical Campus including the beautiful Montgomery Ward Memorial Building, and the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago.
The beautiful, historic Montgomery Ward Memorial Building and the Prentice Women's Hospital
The only thing that could possibly make the whole scene more perfect is knitting! Of course I brought one of hubby’s socks along.
These socks are made of some gorgeously soft natural alpaca that hubby found at the 2010 Jefferson Sheep and Wool Festival. As soon as he felt it, he requested a pair of socks out of it. A year and a half later, he is finally getting his socks.

Theseus is doing just fine! He has been especially cuddly lately. With Hubby studying for finals and me being gone much of the day, he hops up on our laps as soon as he sees an opportunity. Here is a photo taken from my computer – Mama and kitty all snuggled up on my day off. 
I hope you take some time to snuggle up today too!

No comments:

Post a Comment